Refreshing Summertime Sweet Tea Cocktail
There’s something quite nostalgic about a refreshing glass of iced cold sun brewed tea. This easy recipe is sure to bring some extra delight to your next summertime BBQ or backyard gathering. If you don’t have the time to brew your sweet tea by sun, simply use the boiling method for faster results. We will be enjoying this sweet tea cocktail all Holiday weekend long! It’s that good!
- 6 oz Sweet Tea
- 2 oz Rum
- 1 oz Amaretto
- Fresh summer fruit
- Mint - optional
- If you want to brew your tea in the sun, I recommend one gallon of water to 12-16 bags of black tea. (Depending on how strong you like your tea)
- Place your gallon of water in a large clear, glass container with the tea bags.
- Let sit in the sun for 2-3 hours
- To sweeten, make a simple syrup by boiling 1 cup of water and 2 cups of sugar. Add to your sun brewed tea.
- Combine 6 ounces of your sweet tea with 2 ounces of rum and 1 ounce of Amaretto.
- Add ice to a large glass. In that glass add your fresh fruit and mint sprigs.
- Shake with your hand covering the lid, this releases the sweetness of the fruit and the flavor oils of the mint.
- Pour your tea mixture over your ice and enjoy!
- You can use any tea you like in this recipe.