Nothing says summertime like a great strawberry recipe!
Mint is a hard herb for me, I can’t think of very many things to do with it. Not long ago I was standing in my local sprouts line waiting to check out and grabbed a magazine to keep me occupied. I saw this mint pesto and thought I better give it a try. Needless to say, mint pesto is now one of my go-to recipes to use up all my mint in a pinch.
You can use any ole pizza dough recipe for this, OR you can even buy some premade dough. HERE is the recipe I use, but have tweaked a tad based on my oven and taste buds.
Mint Pesto Sauce
3 Cups frozen peas
1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 Garlic cloves
3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 Cup Fresh chopped mint
Salt and Pepper to taste
Add all these to your food processor or blender. Pulse until it becomes a smooth paste. If you feel like your sauce it a little too dry, just add a tiny bit more oil. (Don’t over add the oil or you will make your crust soggy!)
This is a great appetizer for any summer gathering or even served as a dessert. Add a scoop of vanilla or strawberry ice cream to the top, then drizzle with balsamic glaze! If you are interested in my gardening tips, follow me on IG!
- Pizza Dough
- Extra flour
- One Package of strawberries sliced long ways
- Mint Pesto
- Balsamic Vinegar
- White sugar
- Prepare pizza dough as directed.
- Add a thin layer pf mint pesto as the sauce to the pizza.
- Add bits of ricotta cheese over the pesto
- Cover pesto and cheese with a layer of strawberries, leaving only enough edge for a crust
- Bake per pizza dough directions
- To make balsamic glaze add ½ C of white sugar to 1 C of balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When Pizza is done, drizzle balsamic glaze over the top and serve immediately.